Intial Concept of Robot Spiders 3





I have had another attempt to visualise the design of the robot spiders, I tried to go more retro with the concept of these spiders inhabiting a 1950's world that the characters are going back into. I basically used the turnabout sheets as the main inspiration for the shapes and structure but I discarded the pod feet as Dayle advised me that  they looked tacky. I feel this concept has come along way to my first attempts and that I starting to express the robotic as well as the spider form. I think I might make some tweaks to the design of the mother because I don't feel as happy with it as the design of the baby. I have included progression stages below.







@ Dayle and Sean, If there are any further thoughts or problems then please comment, let me know what you think as well


0 comment(s) to "Intial Concept of Robot Spiders 3"

Post a Comment

About This Blog

StudioCrawler is a team of students working together on a collaborative project at the University of the Creative Arts Rochester, studying CG Arts & Animation. Stick by and watch us as we are challenged to create an animated film trailer for the festival Retro-Fest. Keep an eye on our news section and Twitter feed for latest StudioCrawler news and updates.

Followers

Blog Archive

Characters